Friday, April 3, 2009

Nepal weekly update

A couple of you have asked me where I get my information from. The following is a weekly update from our case manager from our agency that I received just today. AGCI is very well connected in Nepal as they processed adoptions there for seven years prior to the shut down. Also, our attorney is well respected in Nepal and was contracted to draft the final dossier format.



Nepal Weekly Update
Update


Wow!! What an incredible week!!! 25 files were forwarded to the FMC for the matching process and 3 cases are from AGCI!!


Our first 3 families dossiers were submitted to the Ministry beginning of February, so it took about 2 months for the legal section and the reviewing committee to process their end.
Then it was forwarded to the FMC. At this point, we could be looking another 2-3 months for the matching to take place. I'll keep everyone informed!!


Please keep in mind that the time lines that I give you are always subject to change. It could be shorter or longer. Nepal is still trying to learn their own process and it takes time for them to do this.

No comments: