Wednesday, April 8, 2009

FYI

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got an update from my agency this morning. It is as follows:

Hope you’re doing well!! I wanted to give you a quick update. I was informed this morning that the FMC met for the first time yesterday to discuss the new matching process. So far, they have discussed how the matching will take place, but have not yet implemented the actual process. This means that we will have to wait until they finalize their process and procedure. We’re not quite sure how long this will take, but it shouldn’t take that long. Just to clarify, your files are at the FMC, just waiting for the new process to take effect.

You’re probably wondering why didn’t the FMC come up with the process before the dossiers were forwarded to them. I wish I had an answer for you. I don’t understand it either, but again, it is Nepal and they are known to change things on us. I know this may be frustrating hear, at least we know what is happening in FMC. I’ll keep you posted.

At this point, your files have been forwarded to the CCWB committee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tanya. Your agency provides the best service so far. Such a relief to see something. Thanks again for posting.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting. We have done 2 adoptions from China in the past but Nepal continues to be a mystery to me. We are almost dossier ready likely within the next 2 weeks but looks like things are moving slowly. I hope our agency is up to the task of navigating Nepal's new process.

Michele - Boulder Colorado