Thursday, January 8, 2009

News at last!

We finally received word that the final Dossier format has been announced, and there were only two additional documents required. Thankfully, they are in Word format and I was able to just complete them at home (other than being notarized). So we will be mailing the dossier back tomorrow. We are still waiting for our CIS letter of favorable determination (approval to adopt internationally for U.S. Immigration). We expect it to arrive in the next week or so. Nepal also announced that only ten children will be placed to each agency per year. We are the second family to complete the dossier with AGCI, so we are being told that we are guaranteed to be one of the first families to bring a child home from Nepal under the new adoption laws.

3 comments:

JoBon said...

Good luck to you during this long and hard process. We too are adopting from Nepal and are going through much of the simular things as you. It's nice to read and share along with another family as well. Hopefully we will have our children this year! Our blog is www.donohueadopt.blogspot.com if you are interested.

Many blessing,
Bonnie

JoBon said...

I found your blog from my daily Nepal adoption google alerts.

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I hope your process goes smoothly. I'm adopting from Nepal as well. Would it be ok if I linked to your blog from mine? It's www.malodorousmesses.com.