Friday, January 30, 2009

One step closer

Namaste!


Our dossier has officially arrived in Nepal! It will be translated this week and if everything is correct our lawyer will pick up our guarantee letter from the US embassy in Kathmandu next week sometime. I also got a receipt of our approval form I600A application from the State Department's National Visa Center stating that our petition has been forwarded to Kathmandu. SooJin called and confirmed that the visa 37 cable was successful. Once our Guarantee letter is picked up, our dossier can officially be submitted to the ministry! That should be in the next 2 weeks. We are being told that a referral could be sooner than we originally thought. Our placing agency gave us a worst case scenario of 6 months, but now they are saying that they expect things to move faster than that since we are second in line to have our dossier in Nepal from our agency. Yeah! Please continue to pray that God will direct the ministry to the little boy that belongs in our family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting to think he may already be born, just waiting for your loving arms!!

JoBon said...

I hope your agency is right on the time frames, that would be good news for all of us!
Bonnie

JoBon said...

Tanya,
Quick question, were you guys required to have a psychologist sign your psychological clearance letter or was your M.D. ok?
Bonnie

Heather Scruggs said...

I am so excited for you guys. I'll be praying that it all goes smoothly!