Sunday, March 14, 2010

The rainbow connection

As we wait for decisions to be made concerning the future of Nepal's international adoption program, our paperwork is getting close to expiration.  Yes, my friends, 18 months is too long to be "pregnant."  Our I-600 is going to need to be renewed along with an updated homestudy.  This was going to need to be done anyway since L has now aged past our approved age bracket.  These are issues we had hoped to avoid.

I sat in my driveway Friday afternoon after I ended my conversation with my case manager very discouraged, heavy hearted and feeling defeated. Just then a gentle wind blew in a light shower and yet the sun was shining brightly. I sat there for a moment contemplating (feeling a bit sorry for myself) how that pretty much sums up my life right now. There is always sunshine and rain co-existing lately. Weird! Then I look up into the sky over my house and see this rainbow reminding me of God's promise to be faithful to complete this good work He has started in me. I have always known that rainbows represent the fact God keeps His promises, but I have never had a time where I was literally deciding in the moment what I was going to believe him for. That rainbow demonstrated to me God's power over governments. It reminded me that when I seek Him with all my heart, I will find Him! And for a freebie, the light of the sun is shining through the surrounding clouds in the shape of Nepal. So just in case you thought that rainbow was for you, nope it was mine!


Please pray for these things for us this week:
1. That both Nepal and the U.S. will honor their verbal commitment bringing these babies home who have been referred to waiting families.
2. That our next steps in paperwork will coincide with our travel approval.
3. That Nepal will issue TA's so these babies can be welcomed into their families.
4. That L's investigation will reveal the truth, and that God will prepare us for that truth.
5. That we will remain content and joyful in all circumstances.
6. That our girls and all else following this journey will see God's faithfulness to us and a reflection of His glory through us.

Thank you all for walking this unpredictable yet exciting journey of long-suffering with us.  If you flip this map of Nepal, you can see the image in the clearing of the clouds where the sun is shining through.



2 comments:

Candy said...

We love you and think about you often. The S Family are always in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you... yes, that rainbow was for you (compliments of your loving father).

laurie