Friday, May 29, 2009

First referrals

We have confirmation that the first batch of referrals have gone out! We are still waiting for our referral, but are so encouraged to see that the ministry is working on matching these precious babies with their families. We are hopeful that the ministry will be sending out the next batch of referrals in the next couple of weeks and that we will get a call soon! We will have to keep waiting to see his sweet face, but continue to believe that God's timing is perfect!

We were surprised to hear that the originally estimated time of in country travel of 2 weeks is now 3-4 weeks. With three other children to accommodate, we have some difficult decisions to make about our travel plans. Please pray with us for the best possible scenario (whatever that is) to be revealed to us as we get more information.

Also, we are praising the Lord that He has provided $1,100 of the $2,500 to be matched by our donor. We are praying specifically for the last $1,400 to be provided for matching. This is the amount that will provide the payments for the referral costs which seems to be quickly approaching (yeah!) We truly appreciate all of your support!

As of today, our agency has requested that the weekly updates not be copied to any public forums. Thus, out of respect of my agency, I will only post information as it directly relates to my personal journey. Hopefully I will have more information soon!

3 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

Oh my goodness! The wait time comes as a shock for us, too. We just adopted from Russia and spent a month there. Nepal interested us because of the shorter time predicted in country. Now, to hear that it could be just as long is disheartening...

Great news hearing about referrals and movement with Nepal adoptions!

Anonymous said...

We wre praying for you and love you... Jen B

Kristi J said...

yeah, for movement!! That is awesome!! Sorry I didn't get to chat with you more at the softball field the other day...I guess you could see that it was kind of crazy at that very moment that I saw you...Also, praying about your stay "in country" ....that is tough!! I can't imagine...but I know it would all be worth it in the end when you have your baby home :) take care, kj