We are ready to submit our dossier, however there has been another delay. Our adoption agency is now a Hague Accredited agency (which basically means that they have achieved accreditation for the highest level of ethical, international adoption) and decided to require a child abuse clearance in every state that we have lived. Of course, our home study was completed until they decided to require this clearance. Illinois and Tennessee were not a problem, Alabama on the other hand does not have a very efficient process so we are waiting for the paperwork (via snail mail). We are trusting that God's timing is perfect and that God is not surprised by any delay. I am learning once again to give up whatever control that I think I have (or should have). It is difficult for me to patiently wait for others with my hands tied. Please continue to pray for God's will to be done. Below is the announcement we received from our agency.
Dear AGCI Families,
All God’s Children is proud to announce our formal Accreditation to facilitate adoptions in the country of Nepal. Only 58 Adoption Agencies globally have been given this opportunity and we are so grateful and excited to continue our work in this beautiful country.
And below is the Friday encouragement we received from our case manager the week before the delay came to our attention. I just love how God prepares the way.
Isaiah 55:8 states, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without water the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it” (NIV).
"God will accomplish His purpose for your family, and sometimes it is not what you think, but nothing takes him by surprise. Sometimes we are taken by surprise when things do not go as we wish they would, but He has a reason for everything. He is good; He loves us, and wants what is best for us, so we have to trust Him to do the right thing. I know in my own life I have to say that sometimes, I know He has never failed me, and therefore I know I can trust Him. One of my favorite quotes is, “Because God has been faithful in the past, I can trust Him in the present, and entrust to Him the future.” (SooJin Park, Case Manager , AGCI)
"God will accomplish His purpose for your family, and sometimes it is not what you think, but nothing takes him by surprise. Sometimes we are taken by surprise when things do not go as we wish they would, but He has a reason for everything. He is good; He loves us, and wants what is best for us, so we have to trust Him to do the right thing. I know in my own life I have to say that sometimes, I know He has never failed me, and therefore I know I can trust Him. One of my favorite quotes is, “Because God has been faithful in the past, I can trust Him in the present, and entrust to Him the future.” (SooJin Park, Case Manager , AGCI)
Thank you Lord that I am not in control because I would surely make a mess of it all!


No comments:
Post a Comment